In April and May
The asparagus walk takes participants on a journey of discovery in asparagus fields, and to asparagus experts who are happy to impart a range of interesting facts about asparagus. Tasting asparagus dishes ensures that culinary delights are also on the menu.
Dates 2020: 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th April, 1st, 2nd and 9th May
Programme: 9.30 am to 4.00 pm
- Welcome on the Piazza Principale in Terlano
- Over an aperitif with asparagus appetizers the healthy nature of asparagus and its journey from the field to the kitchen are explained
- Terlano parish church boasts the wonderful frescoes from the 14th and 15th century, masterpieces from the “Bolzano school”
- An asparagus restaurant serves cream of asparagus soup and tells interesting stories about the beginnings of asparagus growing in Terlano in the 19th century
- Fortified in body and mind, the route continues towards Andriano to the asparagus fields between Terlano and Andriano (a total of approx. 5 km). Here, guests can watch the asparagus being harvested and discover many interesting facts about asparagus growing from the asparagus farmer
- The asparagus walk ends where the freshly harvested asparagus arrives: in Andriano winery. Washed and sorted the Terlano asparagus is sold here under name of “Margarete”.
- We return to Terlano by bus where an asparagus lunch with dessert is served
- The finale includes tasting the classic Terlano wines at Terlano's winery. Participants also receive a small farewell gift
Registration on the previous day at Tourist Information Terlano, Tel. +39 0471 257165
Price: € 85.00. Any additional drinks consumed not listed in the programme are not included in the price and must be paid separately. For closed groups an individual programme and additional dates are possible!