Above Settequerce is the ruin of Castel Montegrifo, also called “Pig’s Castle”. The castle is first mentioned in 1159. The name “Pig’s Castle” originates from a legend according to which the fortress was once under siege and the people inside were left to starve. Their provisions were running low until all that was left was one fattened pig. Instead of eating it, the people in the castle threw it at the feet of the besiegers who fled because they thought that there was still a vast amount of food left in the castle.

Video - Castel Montegrifo