Castle basket ( Italian Castel Corba ) is a castle west of Bolzano in Appiano district Missian in South Tyrol. It is located below the castle ruins Boymont . The square tower house was from 1230 to 1235 , built by the Lords of basket, ministry officials of the Counts of Appiano . From the 14th century it was a fief in the hands of various Tyrolean noble families (including the fox Fuchsberg and Fieger , 1637 ) . The merchant Johann cleaner Reibegg of 1834 prompted a castle-like , romanticized conversion to a winning with decorative pinnacles housing and the construction of the chapel. [1 ] The crenellated tower house is now covered with a pyramidal roof . Are coupled Romanesque double windows on the sides. In 1877, the native of Greifswald Teßmann family acquired the property . Their son Friedrich Tessman was born at Castle basket and was a noted jurist and historian Tyrol. According to him, the State Library was named in Bolzano.
The A 22 Brenner toll motorway is the most direct route into the south of South Tyrol holiday region. Exit at Bolzano South (Sud) and take the MEBO dual carriageway in the direction of Merano/Meran as far as the exit for Appiano/Eppan. Follow the signs to the various villages and turn in direction Riva di Sotto at the first intersection, then turn left to Missiano.
All trains travelling the Brenner route stop at Bolzano. Exit the station, turn left and the bus station is on the opposite side of the road. There are regular bus services to San Paolo and then with the Citybus no.2 to Missiano.